- Basic usage
- Command-line interface / Commands
- The composer.json Schema
- Aliases Alias branch names to versions
- Setting up and using custom installers Modify the way certain types of packages are installed
- Handling private packages with Satis or Toran Proxy Host your own composer repository
- HTTP basic authentication Access privately hosted packages
- Setting up and using plugins Modify and extend Composer's functionality
- Scripts Script are callbacks that are called before/after installing packages
- Troubleshooting Solving problems
- Vendor binaries and the `vendor/bin` directory Expose command-line scripts from packages
- Versions Version constraints explained.
- How do I install a package to a custom path for my framework?
- How to install Composer programmatically?
- How to I install untrusted packages safely? Is it safe to run Composer as superuser or root?
- Should I commit the dependencies in my vendor directory?
- Why are unbound version constraints a bad idea?
- Why are version constraints combining comparisons and wildcards a bad idea?
- Why can't Composer load repositories recursively?
If you need to work with composer as a library you may also want to check out the API Docs